~~~Our Family~~~

~~~Our Family~~~

Bed Rest with Bathroom Privileges



As most of you know I'm in the hospital now until these babies choose to come. That could mean as early as next week (Heaven forbid) - or as late as July 13th! Since I got here I've been trying to keep a positive attitude, which is hard considering my circumstances.
My list of complaints:
-I HATE "bedrest with bathroom privilages"! Are you kidding?! If I want to go anywhere besides potty or showering-- I have to be in a wheelchair. Last week I was caring for a 2 year old- now this.
-I miss Austin and Kaden like crazy
-The IV in my wrist hurts really bad
-I'm sick of being poked with needles and checked up on practically every hour
-I hate my hospital bed- SO uncomfortable
-I hate the "monitoring" they have to do on the babies--or lack thereof. (4 hours later.... we finally get a reading. Ugh.)
-I'm sick of feeling lonely all the way out here in Salt Lake
-I just want to go home and play with my kid all day again like I used to

My list of positives:
-I still have yet to meet a nurse I do NOT like. I've already met about 30.
-It's nice to push a button to get someone to come in the room and get something for me!
-I know Kaden is being WELL taken care of by all my family members- such a relief
-Kaden and Austin HAVE been able to come visit every now and again- times that I cherish.
-I get a menu for what I want to eat every day- and someone else cooks and cleans it up! WAHOO!
-I'm the ONLY triplet mom right now in the whole hospital. It's funny to hear the nurses call me the "triplet mom" behind my back. It's like celebrity status ;-)
-I know that my unborn babies are in the safest environment for them--and for that I'm willing to make all these sacrifices.
-Maybe-- distance makes the heart grow fonder?
-This is a SHORT period of time to suffer in the LONG run- even though it seems long now
-I've been able to see how many people really love and support our little family though this whole ordeal--it's been a very humbling experience so far

Hooked up to my "monitors" for all 3 babies.


Austin thought it was funny to take a picture of the monitor screen when the nurses were struggling (yet again) to accurately pin point the heartbeat on one of the twins-- the screen just said "?". As if to say, "huh? I don't know what's going on here- good luck"


MY ROOM:



Me in my hospital bed- Ignore the no make-up. Seriously, who do I need to get "ready for the day" for. Not my self, that's for sure ;-)


Anyway- I thought I'd share a few pictures from so far-- who knows there might be more to post in the weeks to come. I'm planning on being here a while :-( It's super hard to be out here-- but like I said, I'm trying to focus on the positives even though a lot of things are making me miserable. Sigh. Thanks to EVERYONE for all the prayers-- keep them coming for me and my family please! Austin has been handling things really well so far and I'm so proud of his taking on the Mommy AND Daddy roles during this time. He's trying really hard to keep his job in order as well as his child and wife. Enjoy the pictures! If you live close-- feel free to come visit me- I need some good family and friends around to cheer me up every now and again!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh man that does not sound like fun! That is crazy we are only a few days apart on our due dates and you might be having yours anytime now in the next couple of weeks! I pray your babies will be healthy and everything works out! You are one strong momma!

erin said...

oh, katie! i had no idea you had to go in so soon! i feel so bad for you, but you have a GREAT perspective--that it's such a short time to suffer in exchange for what the benefits will be--healthy babies! i seriously so wish i was there now. when in utah, i work in SLC so i could have easily taken trax to see you--and i mean it, i would have, even though i doubt you believe me since i havent seen you once since weve both lived here. but oh i wish i could to give you some company. you, your babies and your family are definitely in my prayers. i hope you can find something to do to occupy your times til july 13th :)

In Due Time said...

Praying for you!

Lauren said...

Wow, I'm totally out of the loop. I knew this was coming, but had no idea it was now! I was on bedrest with Charlotte, forever, week 12 through 35, so I understand though mine was not at the hospital and I had no other children to take care of. I'm proud of you, you're doing such an awesome thing for your babies. Good luck! I will try and visit, but I've turned into a hermit lately.

Heather said...

Katie,
Every time I've seen you at the hospital you've looked beautiful, even when you thought you didn't. I hope you will make more posts, even though I talk to you all the time, cause it's cathartic and so many people who don't get to see you count on it. I for one am amazed that you are finally at the point where we knew the bedrest happens.It seems like we've been praying for these babies for so long - even before they were finally conceived - that it just seems weird for you not to be pregnant forever! But you're doing great - so far, so good!! Remember how much you are loved!

k