~~~Our Family~~~

~~~Our Family~~~

He received His crown without the conflict

In memory of
Skyler Brennan Collier

-Today, marks one week since our sweet boy passed away. We miss him terribly. Today has been especially hard, realizing it's been a week already. We've been keeping ourselves so busy with Kaden and our twin girls (as we should) - but it's given us little time to reflect on the passing of our son. We wanted to make a blog post in remembrance of him- with a ton of our favorite pictures that were taken of him.
Skyler was such a celestial being. Austin and I truly felt like we were holding a piece of heaven in our arms. His spirit was simply too perfect to serve a life here on earth- and we know for certain that Heavenly Father has already put him to good use up in heaven. I guess if you're going to have to be without your child for the span of a lifetime--who better to "babysit" that child, than God? How blessed I feel to know that he's in good hands.
Our twin girls Scarlett and Savannah couldn't be doing any better. These days they're growing like crazy and just gaining such strong personalities of their own. We try to make it up every day to go give them a squeeze- and it's been truly a miracle that they are so happy and healthy, in the midst of all our sorrows of Skyler's condition. At the University Hospital where the girls are at- there's a "bedside nurse" for each baby. At any time during the day, parents can call to hear updates on how their babies are doing. It's really nice, especially on day's that we unfortunately can't make the hour and a half drive up there to see them. The other night, I was telling Austin, how hard it is to not have a "bedside nurse" to call and just hear updates about Skyler and what he's doing and just updates in general. As I said those words, I thought to myself-- how blessed I am because I DO have a "bedside nurse" I can call whenever I want. I have Heavenly Father that I can call any time by saying a simple prayer. I know that I've received many peaceful and calming feelings after praying to know how he is and wanting to send him my love. I am SO grateful for prayer and for this experience. I look forward to raising my sweet Skyler after I pass away. While we can chose to look at this experience as a real tragedy, we can also look at it as a real blessing. We get to be parents of a perfect being. We really feel as though Skyler didn't pass away in a tragedy, rather-- he just received his crown of glory without having to endure the conflict of living life on this earth. How lucky we all are to have known him during his 9 day stay here. We are forever grateful to those who have extended numerous charitable acts upon us and our family. How loved we feel to know so many people who care.










10 comments:

Kelli said...

What an angel! Sweet, perfect, and innocent. I am once again amazed by your strong spirit.

Heather said...

You truly are blessed - though grief makes us feel that is not true sometimes. It is a process, and it takes time, but you are certainly starting in a good place by exercising your enormous faith. You make ME feel so much better - and that's not even your job!! You are wonderful parents, and a wonderful family. I love you so much.

Kaylie said...

So beautifully said. He does look so perfect and, even as small as he is, you can already tell he belongs to your family. He looks so much like Kaden! I don't know how people can deal with a loss without having the gospel in their lives. It is such a strength and comfort as told in your own post. I love you guys!

Danielle said...

So sorry about little Skyler!! YOu are such a strong woman! I can't imagine all of the emotions you are feeling right now, but I love your positive outlook..You are such a great example to me!

erin said...

this is such a beautiful post. you have such a strong spirit and it inspires me. continued luck and prayers to your family!

The Bakers said...

I love to read your blog. I love the pictures of all your babies and of your sweet angel. Thank you.

Leah said...

What a precious little miracle boy! Your children are precious. May God give you comfort and peace at this time.

Combitos said...

I'm so glad you got these beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing them with us.

the Shoe Fairy said...

You have the faith, courage, and strength of someone far beyond your years. Thank you for sharing it with me. Sunday was also difficult for me as I pondered over the many blessings Skyler brought to us all during his very short stay on this earth. I think of him daily, and the boys ask Heavenly Father to watch over him in Heaven every night in their prayers. The pictures are wonderful. I,m so glad you were able to get so many. If ever there was an ANGEL.......he was it. May we all live our lives to make him proud.

Diane Rose said...

Im so sorry to hear about your little skyler! He is such a beautiful baby! And those little girls are going to be heart breakers one day! :)I miss you and love you.

k