~~~Our Family~~~

~~~Our Family~~~

No News........is Good News

I've made 3 posts here today as kind of a catch up since I haven't posted in so long- hope you all enjoy.

So I realize it's been almost 4 weeks since my last blog post. I'll be honest, I've been struggling here at a hospital a little bit. I just haven't been able to really find myself in the mood to post to the blog. I miss everyone at home, I miss sleeping next to my sweetheart, I miss driving, I miss not being in pain, I miss being a mommy. It's been hard, but yes, I've felt all the love and support that everyone has been sending my way. This experience has been really humbling for me so far, and I've been really blessed to have so many people show how much they care about me during this hard time in my life.
As for the latest news with me--- I guess no news is good news. We're STILL just waiting for something to "go wrong" I guess. So far, I've seemed to not apply to ANY of the statistics they've given me from other women who have had pregnancies like mine. It's great news, but also annoying at the same time! The doctors keep telling me the "likelihood or percentage" of delivering early, and it just never seems to happen. This led me to start thinking of how "unique" this pregnancy has been all together! Why is this happening to ME?
-First= we got pregnant off of our very 1st attempt at the In Vitro procedure. With my condition, those odds were definitely not in our favor= but it happened to ME
-Second= we got pregnant with TRIPLETS after only receiving 2 embryos! Again, with my condition, the odds of even getting ONE baby were slim to none= but it happened to ME
-Third= we have one of the most rare versions of triplets: identical twins with only 1 placenta and a 3rd baby in it's own sac. Crazy-- but it happened to ME
-Fourth= I made it past the point of "viability" for the babies at 24 weeks without any medical help.- Yep, it happened to ME
-Fifth= baby C- known now as Skyler- was doomed from the beginning to not survive. We were told at our 1st ultrasound appointment when we found out we had triplets that we wasn't going to be there within the next 2 weeks. We were told his condition was being so small and with no fluid around him- that it was going to kill him before we'd even get to meet him. Yet, here I am- 29+ weeks pregnant and Skyler still has a grim outcome- however he's STILL alive with great vital signs. CRAZY. How could this have happened to ME
-Sixth= My water broke 3 weeks ago today. It was the twins sac that lost their fluid one night, and I was told that my chances of delivering within the next 48 hours was 75%. I also was given a 50% chance of getting a bad infection, now that the sac had broken. Yet again= 3 weeks later and the babies are still looking great and I'm STILL pregnant with NO infections. It's happened to ME
-Seventh= I had a placental abruption. This is again with the twins sac. I started bleeding about a week and a half ago- they discovered it was because the placenta had decided to start ripping off of the wall slightly in one area. It caused the bleeding and I was given a whole new slew of percentages on when I'd probably deliver. I was now told- with the water broken already AND the abruption- I probably only had a week-2 weeks left. I would most likely end up going into early labor or getting an infection. =Again, it's been a week and a half since then- still no problems with the babies and yes, I'm STILL pregnant and no infections. It happened to ME.
-Eighth= just the fact that I'm still pregnant is crazy. Apparently 50% of all triplet pregnancies deliver by week 29. Yep= I'm past that and it happened to ME
There have been any more ways my body has decided to be "unique" and it's all a great thing I'm still here and pregnant. However, like I said it's kind of annoying that I can't seem to take what my doctors say and apply it to myself. Looks like these babies want to stay here for good. On Tuesday I will have made it to 30 weeks along! Can you believe it? After that- I only have 2 more weeks until my "deadline date". Once I'm 32 weeks along on July 13th, I have a scheduled C-Section that morning to deliver these babies! FINALLY an end in sight! So, thanks everyone for the love and support, obviously the prayers are working. I know my little family is being SO blessed in this whole experience and it's all because of all the strong people we have around us to pull us through. We really do love every one of you. It's because of all the help- Austin, Kaden,and I have been able to push through each day. Hope to post some more good news soon!

4 comments:

Heather said...

None of those scary statistics apply to you because you are a superhero - you're TRIPTO-MOM!!! Stronger than a wicked IV! Faster than any request to the hospital kitchen! Able to lay in one position for weeks at a time! Making medical history as we speak! You....are....TRIPTO-MOM!! Da-da-ta-da!!!!
(All the other moms on your floor are jealous that you get all the attention, so try to remain humble.)

erin said...

katie, how blessed you are! wow it is amazing to read this. i can understand it being frustrating, but i am so happy for you that your babies are still inside continuing to grow and develop. you'll continue to be in my prayers especially these next few weeks as you anxiously await the arrival of your little ones.

The Shoe Fairy said...

Katie,
You know how very proud I am of you , Kaden and Austin. This has been hard for all of you. But the beginning of a new and exciting phase is just around the corner.....Don't give up now!!!! I too believe you are TRIPTO-MOM!!!!!!!

Amanda Palmer said...

Katie! Triplets!! What??? I'm so out of the loop - but from this day on, you will be in our daily prayers - wish I could come give you a hug (or try...around that giant belly...hehe). We're so proud of you!

k